The Citizen and Business Group will identify and recommend projects to the MPCA and DNR for funding with money from the 3M Settlement. To assist the group, subgroups will be established to analyze options and deliver assessments and advice on alternatives and options.
This group will review the work products of the subgroups and provide recommendations on projects and priorities to the MPCA and the DNR for their approval. The Citizen – Business Group also shares advice and recommendations with the Government and 3M Working Group.
Next scheduled meeting
Priority 1 Combined Work Group Meeting
November 16, 2022 | 9:00 – 12:00pm CST
- In-Person: Cottage Grove City Hall, 12800 Ravine Pkwy S, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
- Online WebEx link: https://abtassociates.webex.com/abtassociates/j.php?MTID=m10672431f09b9ccec38c199b24c564da
- Password (may not be needed): 3M
- Call-in information: 415-655-0002; Meeting ID: 2420 310 5989
- Agenda: November 2022 Priority 1 Combined Work Group Meeting Agenda
- This group will meet at least once a quarter, or more frequently if needed, will be briefed on all work in progress, and will provide input on work in progress and topics to explore.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Metropolitan Council, while not members of the Citizen – Business Group, will be invited to consult on regulatory and policy topics in their area of expertise.
- The MPCA and DNR will assist and support the group.
- The meetings will be open to the public, and time will be reserved at the end of each meeting for public questions or comments.
The following criteria were used to select a diverse representation from the affected communities:
- Evaluation of desire to become a member
- Evidence of East Metropolitan Area involvement either as a resident or working in the area
- Skills and abilities, such as personal and professional background and skills, technical abilities, or experience in public engagement, public involvement, or group participation.
- Geographic diversity within the East Metropolitan Area
- Ethnic and age diversity
- Representation of individuals and businesses who are on private wells and municipal drinking water
- Diversity of knowledge, skills, backgrounds, and experiences
|Julie Bunn||Lake Elmo|
|Lisa Mueller||St. Paul|
|Charlotte Flint||West Lakeland|
|Bob Fossum||Lake Elmo|
|Jeff Holtz||Lake Elmo|
|Steve Johnson||West Lakeland|
|Jack Lavold||Cottage Grove|
|Amy Schall||St. Paul Park|
|Dave Schulenberg||Cottage Grove|
Past meeting materials
No June 2022 Meeting
No April 2022 Meeting
No March 2022 Meeting
No February 2022 Meeting
No December 2021 meeting
No November 2021 meeting
No October 2021 meeting
No August 2021 meeting
No July 2021 meeting
June 15, 2021
No May 2021 meeting
No April 2021 meeting
Minnesota Department of Health's presentation
No June through August meetings
This presentation was not reviewed by the 3M Settlement Co-Trustees and does not necessarily represent the official policy position of the Co-Trustees.
- One hour conference call/WebEx
Topic discussed: Expedited projects - under the Minnesota’s Data Practices Act, funding decisions are not public information until all grant agreements are signed and executed. The goal is to notify the individual applicants of funding decision by the end of July.