On Feb. 20, 2018, the state of Minnesota settled its lawsuit against the 3M Company in return for a settlement of $850 million. Minnesota’s attorney general sued 3M in 2010 alleging that the company’s production of chemicals known as PFAS had damaged drinking water and natural resources in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area. After legal and other expenses are paid, about $720 million will be invested in drinking water and natural resource projects in the Twin Cities east metropolitan region.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) and Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) are Co-Trustees of these funds.
What's new - Recommended options
To learn more about the recommended options, you are invited to attend one of four virtual public information meetings:
- Tuesday, September 22 from 3 - 5 p.m. (CDT) via Webex: https://abtassociates.webex.com/abtassociates/j.php?MTID=e7989b4300e3327ea7d868c1440901a73
- Tuesday, September 22 from 7 - 9 p.m. (CDT) via Webex: https://abtassociates.webex.com/abtassociates/j.php?MTID=ead4c1d253a0302e1939c849690af30b0
- Wednesday, September 23 from 3 - 5 p.m. (CDT) via Webex: https://abtassociates.webex.com/abtassociates/j.php?MTID=ed4662b76612934cd69f965323f6123f4
- Wednesday, September 23 from 7 - 9 p.m. (CDT) via Webex: https://abtassociates.webex.com/abtassociates/j.php?MTID=e5c4144304d99ede653823d135d98a50a
The meetings will begin with a 60-minute presentation followed by a question and answer session.
If you have questions about these meetings, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your comments
The comprehensive set of three recommended options are open for public comment through October 26.
- To submit your comments: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5830547/Minnesota-3M-PFC-Settlement-Questions-for-the-Public
Well sampling in the east metro area
If you live in the area that is a priority for testing, you can request that your private well water be tested.
- To see if you live in the priority sampling area, use the interactive map.
- If you live in the priority sampling area, you can request to have your well tested by filling out and submitting this online form.