The Citizen and Business Group will identify and recommend projects to the MPCA and DNR for funding with money from the 3M Settlement. To assist the Group, Subgroups will be established to analyze options and deliver assessments and advice on alternatives and options. The Group will review the work products of the Subgroups and provide recommendations on projects and priorities to the MPCA and the DNR for their approval. The Citizen – Business Group also share advice and recommendations with the Government and 3M Working Group.
- This group will meet at least once a quarter, or more frequently if needed, will be briefed on all work in progress, and will provide input on work in progress and topics to explore.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Metropolitan Council, while not members of the Citizen – Business Group, will be invited to consult on regulatory and policy topics in their area of expertise.
- The MPCA and DNR will assist and support the group.
- The meetings will be open to the public, and time will be reserved at the end of each meeting for public questions or comments.
The following criteria were used to select a diverse representation from the affected communities:
- Evaluation of desire to become a member
- Evidence of East Metropolitan Area involvement either as a resident or working in the area
- Skills and abilities, such as personal and professional background and skills, technical abilities, or experience in public engagement, public involvement, or group participation.
- Geographic diversity within the East Metropolitan Area
- Ethnic and age diversity
- Representation of individuals and businesses who are on private wells and municipal drinking water
- Diversity of knowledge, skills, backgrounds, and experiences
|Julie Bunn||Lake Elmo|
|Betsy Daub||St. Paul|
|Charlotte Flint||West Lakeland|
|Bob Fossum||Lake Elmo|
|Jeff Holz||Lake Elmo|
|David Johnson||Local Chamber Representative|
|Steve Johnson||West Lakeland|
|Jack Lavold||Cottage Grove|
|Amy Schall||St. Paul Park|
|Dave Schulenberg||Cottage Grove|
Past meeting agendas and notes
April 16, 2019
February 19, 2019
January 15, 2019
December 18, 2018
November 13, 2018
October 16, 2018
September 18, 2018
August 21, 2018
July 13, 2018