This group is composed of MPCA, DNR, and about 15 at‐large citizen, business, and nongovernmental representatives who live or are working in the East Metropolitan Area. Applicants were nominated or self‐nominated. Representatives on the group were selected by the DNR and MPCA. One representative from the Government and 3M Working Group will also be a liaison to this group.
- This group will meet at least once a quarter, or more frequently if needed, will be briefed on all work in progress, and will provide input on work in progress and topics to explore.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Metropolitan Council, while not members of the Citizen – Business Group, will be invited to consult on regulatory and policy topics in their area of expertise.
- The MPCA and DNR will assist and support the group.
- The meetings will be open to the public, and time will be reserved at the end of each meeting for public questions or comments.
The following criteria were used to select a diverse representation from the affected communities:
- Evaluation of desire to become a member
- Evidence of East Metropolitan Area involvement either as a resident or working in the area
- Skills and abilities, such as personal and professional background and skills, technical abilities, or experience in public engagement, public involvement, or group participation.
- Geographic diversity within the East Metropolitan Area
- Ethnic and age diversity
- Representation of individuals and businesses who are on private wells and municipal drinking water
- Diversity of knowledge, skills, backgrounds, and experiences
|Julie Bunn||Lake Elmo|
|Betsy Daub||St. Paul|
|Charlotte Flint||West Lakeland|
|Bob Fossum||Lake Elmo|
|Jeff Holtz||Lake Elmo|
|David Johnson||Local Chamber Representative|
|Steve Johnson||West Lakeland|
|Jack Lavold||Cottage Grove|
|Amy Schall||St. Paul Park|
|Dave Schulenberg||Cottage Grove|
Past meeting agendas and notes
October 15, 2019
September 17, 2019
August 20, 2019
July 16, 2019
- One hour conference call/WebEx
Topic discussed: Expedited projects - under the Minnesota’s Data Practices Act, funding decisions are not public information until all grant agreements are signed and executed. The goal is to notify the individual applicants of funding decision by the end of July.
June 18, 2019
May 14, 2019
April 16, 2019
February 19, 2019
January 15, 2019
December 18, 2018
November 13, 2018
October 16, 2018
September 18, 2018
August 21, 2018
July 13, 2018