The Resident Work Group will share their feedback on Priority 2 goals and planning processes with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA).
Next scheduled meeting
Priority 2 Combined Work Group Meeting - Hybrid
Wednesday, September 20
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
520 Lafayette Road N, St. Paul, MN 55155
Previous meeting materials
The following criteria were used to select residents from the affected communities:
- Evaluation of desire to become a member
- Evidence of East Metropolitan Area involvement either as a resident or working in the area
- Skills and abilities, such as personal and professional background and skills, technical abilities, or experience in public engagement, public involvement or group participation
- Geographic diversity within the East Metropolitan Area (primarily the three counties) and ethnic, age, disability diversity
- Representation of individuals that participate in various recreational activities and uses of natural resources in three county area (e.g., recreating, conservation, restoration)
|James Kelley||Lake Elmo|
|Jack Lavold||Cottage Grove|
|Tony Manzara||Lake Elmo|
|Dave Schulenberg||Cottage Grove|
|Laura Schulz||Lake Elmo|
Priority 2 Grants and Conflicts of Interest
As noted above, Priority 2 of the 3M NRDA Settlement provides $20 million in grant money to compensate for losses to recreational and ecological resources resulting from PFAS released by 3M. The state will solicit project proposals via a public Request for Proposal (RFP), and Priority 2 planning will develop processes for evaluating and selecting the projects that will receive funding. Details on the application process will be outlined in future communications regarding Priority 2 and on this webpage. Sign up for email updates using the link at the top of this webpage to receive the most current news on Priority 2 activities.
Individuals and organizations interested in potentially participating in a Work Group and in submitting a project proposal for Priority 2 funding should review the FAQs about managing potential conflicts of interest.
Submit any questions about Priority 2 work groups or grant processes to 3MPriority2@state.mn.us.