The MPCA and DNR have decided not to have this technical subgroup begin meeting just yet. The agencies want to focus resources on the development of the Conceptual Drinking Water Supply Plan. Applicable groundwater components will be included in the development of the Conceptual Drinking Water Supply Plan, and the Groundwater Protection, Sustainability, Conservation and Recharge technical subgroup will begin meeting later.
This Subgroup will analyze options and deliver assessments and advice to the Government and 3M Working Group and the Citizen – Business Group for long‐term solutions for groundwater protection, recharge, conservation, sustainability, and for groundwater studies and modeling needs in the East Metropolitan Area.
- The Subgroup will meet at least once a month and more frequently if needed. While all members will be invited to each meeting, actual participation at a given meeting may be driven by the agenda for that meeting. It is understood that those who are interested in specific projects and approaches will be most likely to attend a particular meeting.
- Technical experts not affiliated with the Subgroup may be invited to consult on topics in their area of expertise.
- The meetings will be open to the public, and time will be reserved at the end of each meeting for public questions or comments.
Evaluation of potential projects
- The project options could be a mix of grants, where the grantee would develop the projects, and group-developed projects similar to Subgroup 1. Municipalities, counties and local non‐governmental organizations (NGOs) will provide needs and feedback on emerging ideas. Involvement by particular entities will vary and evolve over time.
- Under the MPCA, DNR and Subgroups’ direction, technical teams may be created to delve more deeply into specific project approaches and work closely with individual communities on project proposals.
Additional Subgroups will be established at a later date to address other provisions of the Agreement (e.g., Natural Resources Restoration and Enhancement).